Captain Meredith Magnus is a registered nurse working at the VA Medical Center in Tomah. She is also commander of the 911th Forward Surgical Medical Unit of the Army Reserve based in Madison.
Meredith works tirelessly in her service for her country and for her patients at the VA. She goes above and beyond what is asked of her in order to help her patients and others around her, including opening her home to people who are coming to the area for training at Fort McCoy.
Her kindness, generosity, dedication and service to both her country and her patients make Captain Meredith Magnus a true Everyday Hero. Heroes Bar and Grill and News 8 are proud to recognize her as June's Everyday Hero.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony