Captain Meredith Magnus is a registered nurse working at the VA Medical Center in Tomah. She is also commander of the 911th Forward Surgical Medical Unit of the Army Reserve based in Madison.
Meredith works tirelessly in her service for her country and for her patients at the VA. She goes above and beyond what is asked of her in order to help her patients and others around her, including opening her home to people who are coming to the area for training at Fort McCoy.
Her kindness, generosity, dedication and service to both her country and her patients make Captain Meredith Magnus a true Everyday Hero. Heroes Bar and Grill and News 8 are proud to recognize her as June's Everyday Hero.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests