Captain Meredith Magnus is a registered nurse working at the VA Medical Center in Tomah. She is also commander of the 911th Forward Surgical Medical Unit of the Army Reserve based in Madison.
Meredith works tirelessly in her service for her country and for her patients at the VA. She goes above and beyond what is asked of her in order to help her patients and others around her, including opening her home to people who are coming to the area for training at Fort McCoy.
Her kindness, generosity, dedication and service to both her country and her patients make Captain Meredith Magnus a true Everyday Hero. Heroes Bar and Grill and News 8 are proud to recognize her as June's Everyday Hero.
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- AP Exclusive: Drugs vanish at some VA hospitals
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Milwaukee police arrest man in family member's killing