Barb Hopkins is the Site Coordinator at the Family Resource Center in Sparta, Wisconsin. The programs at the Family Resource Center build on family and community strengths to give young children a positive start in life.
Barb makes a big difference in the lives of stay at home moms, local military wives, and most importantly the children in our community.
She holds weekly playshops for children to attend and is always willing to stay late or work around others schedules to help parents with issues they have.
As a mother of two daughters and "nana" to a wonderful granddaughter, Barb understands the joy caring for young children brings. Her hard work and helping hand to families throughout our community has made her the December Everyday Hero.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December