Barb Hopkins is the Site Coordinator at the Family Resource Center in Sparta, Wisconsin. The programs at the Family Resource Center build on family and community strengths to give young children a positive start in life.
Barb makes a big difference in the lives of stay at home moms, local military wives, and most importantly the children in our community.
She holds weekly playshops for children to attend and is always willing to stay late or work around others schedules to help parents with issues they have.
As a mother of two daughters and "nana" to a wonderful granddaughter, Barb understands the joy caring for young children brings. Her hard work and helping hand to families throughout our community has made her the December Everyday Hero.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash