LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new event is hoping to bring all of La Crosse's neighborhoods closer together.
The La Crosse Neighborhood Associations are hosting a family social this weekend at Copeland Park called "Fall in Love With Your Neighborhood."
Organizers say the city's individual neighborhood organizations have been driving forces in getting things done and they wanted to put together an event to bring people from different parts of the city together under one roof while providing plenty of family fun.
"It's about the future of these neighborhoods, and getting families together is a great way to introduce those members of our community to those neighborhood associations," said La Crosse Neighborhoods, Inc. president Jacob Sciammas.
The event has the support of city officials, too.
"I think if everybody gets together and joins hands, as getting to know the neighbors, and getting to meet other people and what their issues are in their neighborhoods, they can improve by what we're doing or vice versa," said La Crosse City Council member Andrea Richmond. "I think sharing ideas is great."
The "Fall in Love with Your Neighborhood" event will be held between 2 and 4 in the afternoon on Saturday, rain or shine at the Copeland Park shelter.
There will be plenty of carnival games and food as well as other family activities. It's free and anyone is welcome.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record