BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - The emergency warning siren in the Hatfield area is not in service due to a malfunction, according to Jackson County Emergency Management.
With severe weather possible over the next several days, officials want people to be aware that the siren will not sound if there is a weather warning issued, according to a press release.
Repairs are planned but it is unknown when they will be complete, the release said.
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards