BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - The emergency warning siren in the Hatfield area is not in service due to a malfunction, according to Jackson County Emergency Management.
With severe weather possible over the next several days, officials want people to be aware that the siren will not sound if there is a weather warning issued, according to a press release.
Repairs are planned but it is unknown when they will be complete, the release said.
- Rising Above the Flood: Gays Mills rebuilds
- Coulee Council on Addictions addresses neighborhood's treatment center concerns
- Group holds mental health first aid class
- Solar eclipse expected at 85% in La Crosse
- La Crosse families receive school supplies through ‘Back 2 School' program
- Money approved to purchase body cameras for La Crosse Police Department
- No parking on some La Crosse streets during repairs
- UPDATE: Remaining 2 passengers identified in fatal boating accident, Brownsville
- Man identified in La Crosse fatal officer involved shooting
- Card skimmers found in Cashton