LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Western Technical College has chosen Krista Durnin, of La Crosse, to be the 2014-15 student ambassador for Western and the Wisconsin Technical College System.
Durnin is a second-year Administrative Professional degree student who is involved in many extra-curricular activities including a classroom tutor in Written Communication helping students to reach their goals and she works Business Office of campus as a work study.
"Krista is a highly motivated young lady," said Gail Fancher, instructor for Business Technology who nominated Durnin for the honor. "She believes with her education and experiences she will better her life and her son's life."
As Student Ambassador, Durnin will represent Western by speaking to potential students, community leaders, and community groups to show the importance of technical and occupational education to the economy and society.
"My role as a classroom tutor will translate very easily to being student ambassador. Both positions require me to motivate and encourage students and remind them of what they are working toward," said Durnin.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.