LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Western Technical College has chosen Krista Durnin, of La Crosse, to be the 2014-15 student ambassador for Western and the Wisconsin Technical College System.
Durnin is a second-year Administrative Professional degree student who is involved in many extra-curricular activities including a classroom tutor in Written Communication helping students to reach their goals and she works Business Office of campus as a work study.
"Krista is a highly motivated young lady," said Gail Fancher, instructor for Business Technology who nominated Durnin for the honor. "She believes with her education and experiences she will better her life and her son's life."
As Student Ambassador, Durnin will represent Western by speaking to potential students, community leaders, and community groups to show the importance of technical and occupational education to the economy and society.
"My role as a classroom tutor will translate very easily to being student ambassador. Both positions require me to motivate and encourage students and remind them of what they are working toward," said Durnin.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain