MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Madison graduates think they're the cream of the crop and will rise to the top -- and they want to hear it one last time.
The school's 2014 graduates have launched an online petition demanding campus officials play "Jump Around" during graduation at Camp Randall Stadium on May 17.
House of Pain's 1992 hit has been a staple at Badger football games since 1998 and has become a sort of unofficial anthem for UW-Madison.
Graduates won't be called up on stage or recognized individually during the ceremony, so the petition states if they can't walk they deserve to jump.
UW officials said Friday they've been planning to play the song at graduation for months but kept it quiet to keep it a surprise.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?