LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A partnership between UW-La Crosse and Enterprise car rental is offering a new service called "CarShare," which gives students the convenience of having a car on campus without the extra hassle of actually bringing one to school.
There will be two cars parked on campus for anyone to use. Members can reserve the cars online with a membership card and then return the car when they are done using it.
"As long as you're over the age of 18 with a good driving record, you can rent this vehicle and it's just not limited to UW-La Crosse students. Others can use this vehicle for personal use, so if you live anywhere in the community, you can use this CarShare program" said Daniel Sweetmen, program manger at UW-LaCrosse
There will be $10 memberships available from now until August first, new members can sign up at a discounted price of $10. After August 1memberships will go back up to $35.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines