LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Spence Elementary School Principal Shelley Shirel has been recognized by the Midwest Wisconsin Reading Council.
Shirel, who has led the school since 2010, has been named the Midwest Wisconsin Reading Council Administrator of the Year.
"This is an award that reflects the hard work of many people around me," Shirlel said in a statement. "I have a dedicated staff that is highly committed to literacy and an outstanding partnership with Viterbo University allows our classroom teachers to work with pre-services teachers and design lessons and strategies that ensure success for all our students."
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls