LA CROSSE, Wis. - Logan High School students screamed and cheered at an annual pep really Tuesday afternoon, but not for an athletics team.
More than 500 students were recognized for their academic successes.
It's an annual pep rally put on by the Ranger Renaissance.
Students were recognized for perfect attendance, department students of the year, national merit/byrid scholars, peer tutors, students of the month, competition winners, national honor society, badger boys/girls, top 5% of each class, academic decathlon/quiz bowl, tri m, ranger renaissance members and rewards recipients, and many others.19869000
"There's a huge amount of pride that goes into recognizing our students for their achievements, after all in education that's what we're all about," says school Principal Scott Mihalovic.
"It's nice to be recognized for all the accomplishments, it makes you want to try and achieve everything," says Hans Huiras, a junior at Logan High School.
Tuesday was the 13th year they held the pep rally.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract