LA CROSSE, WI - Aquinas Catholic Schools President Kurt Nelson tells News 8 that 100 eligible applicants are hoping to take advantage of Wisconsin's private school voucher program. Thirty-two applications were deemed ineligible for various reasons.
It's now a waiting game to see how many students applied across the state.
Nelson expects more than the cap of 500 students to have applied, which means only the 25 schools with the most applicants will make the cut. About 20 students will receive the vouchers at each school, depending on results of a student lottery.21415176
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes