LA CROSSE, WI - Aquinas Catholic Schools President Kurt Nelson tells News 8 that 100 eligible applicants are hoping to take advantage of Wisconsin's private school voucher program. Thirty-two applications were deemed ineligible for various reasons.
It's now a waiting game to see how many students applied across the state.
Nelson expects more than the cap of 500 students to have applied, which means only the 25 schools with the most applicants will make the cut. About 20 students will receive the vouchers at each school, depending on results of a student lottery.21415176
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota