LA CROSSE, WI - The School District of La Crosse received more than 80 submissions from the public who shared their ideas of what to name of the city's new elementary school.
Two of the more popular were Northside Elementary and Logan Elementary, but Superintendent Randy Nelson said there were many others.
"Rustic River Elementary; Margaret Miller Elementary was another one. Also, Ray Bice Elementary came through pretty popular, as well as George Poge Elementary. So those are some of the more popular ones that came through," Nelson said.
A list of names will be given to a group of Northside parents and residents to get their input. The list will then be narrowed down to three names and pass that along to the La Crosse School Board. The School Board could decide on a name by mid-November.22551808
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines