LA CROSSE, WI - The School District of La Crosse received more than 80 submissions from the public who shared their ideas of what to name of the city's new elementary school.
Two of the more popular were Northside Elementary and Logan Elementary, but Superintendent Randy Nelson said there were many others.
"Rustic River Elementary; Margaret Miller Elementary was another one. Also, Ray Bice Elementary came through pretty popular, as well as George Poge Elementary. So those are some of the more popular ones that came through," Nelson said.
A list of names will be given to a group of Northside parents and residents to get their input. The list will then be narrowed down to three names and pass that along to the La Crosse School Board. The School Board could decide on a name by mid-November.22551808
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US