Voters in the Melrose-Mindoro School District have approved a $24 million referendum to build a 'consolidated campus' as well as make improvements to the existing high school.
The united campus would be pre-K through 8th grade students and then doing some remodeling to our existing high school.
Melrose-Mindoro says they hope the referendum will help even the playing field so their rural district can remain competitive with other school disctricts.
The school says the impact to taxpayers would be roughly $215 dollars per $100,000 of property value per year.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers