LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Logan High School Principal Scott Mihalovic announced Tuesday he is leaving the school to be Viterbo University's Educational Leadership Program Coordinator.
Mihalovic has led Logan High School since 1998 and coined the phrase, "It's a Great Day to Be a Ranger."
"Scott is an outstanding leader and has been committed to his students, staff, and the entire school district during his years as principal," La Crosse School District Superintendent Randy Nelson said. "He leaves behind a legacy of excellence that has impacted literally thousands of young lives."
Mihalovic started at the School District in 1982 as an elementary physical education teacher. In 1985 he moved to the same position at Logan High School. Mihalovic became the associate principal at Logan in 1988. He served as the principal of Onalaska High School from 1996 to 1998 before going back to Logan High School to become principal.
In his new position at Viterbo, Mihalovic will be in charge of programs that provide educational training for people interested in becoming principals, superintendents or directors of student services or instruction. Mihalovic will replace Jim Bagniewski who is retiring in August.
"We are delighted to welcome Scott to Viterbo," said Barbara Gayle, Ph.D, Viterbo's vice president for academic affairs. "His level of expertise and the trust other educators have in him is outstanding. He will be an excellent mentor for aspiring administrators who will impact many lives in the schools where they serve."
Mihalovic's start date at Viterbo has not been finalized yet.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers