LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area students are getting a chance to see what it's like to compete at the Winter Olympics.
Summit Environmental Elementary School in La Crosse is holding its own 2014 Summit Olympics.
The event included some Olympic favorites including curling, speed skating, and even hockey. Teachers said it was also a learning opportunity for the students.
"Every group represents a different country they've learned about that country and we are just focused on this whole thought of community and coming together and learning from each other's differences," said Nick O'Keefe, physical education teacher at Summit Elementary School.
Students also participated in a lost mitten relay and a winter words event.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years