LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area students are getting a chance to see what it's like to compete at the Winter Olympics.
Summit Environmental Elementary School in La Crosse is holding its own 2014 Summit Olympics.
The event included some Olympic favorites including curling, speed skating, and even hockey. Teachers said it was also a learning opportunity for the students.
"Every group represents a different country they've learned about that country and we are just focused on this whole thought of community and coming together and learning from each other's differences," said Nick O'Keefe, physical education teacher at Summit Elementary School.
Students also participated in a lost mitten relay and a winter words event.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting