LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 7 Rivers LGBT Resource Center moved from its Pearl Street location to a building at 230 6th Street South in La Crosse.
The move coincides with the Resource Center's ten-year anniversary and its rebranding initiative.
The organization will now be known as The Center, 7 Rivers LGBTQ Connection. As it continues to refine its mission to promote understanding between the LGBTQ community and larger community and provide support for the LGBTQ people.
The new facility will have more office space, private meeting rooms, a dedicated library space, and will be in a more visible location. Executive Director of The Center Jackson Jantzen said the organization is becoming established as a community resource.
"We now see much greater interest in our work from local organizations and businesses, with more requests to speak to groups and present diversity training for local employers," Jantzen said.
The Center serves 11 counties in western Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota and northeastern Iowa. In partnership with the Winona Women's Resource Center, The Center offers a location in Winona in addition to its center in La Crosse.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death