LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse School district isn't giving up on healthy eating during summer vacation.
To help students get the nutrition that they need during the summer, the district is providing free breakfast and lunch for them.
The meals are part of school system's summer nutrition program. The district has been doing this for a while. Last year it served about 42,000 meals over the summer.
The district says the program is great for families, especially the ones that live outside of the district.
"This program is doesn't matter you're from West Salem, Holmen, Onalaska, Prairie Du Chien, you're in town visiting, any child under 18 we will serve," said La Crosse School District Nutrition Specialist Angela Seeger.
To see all the places meals are served in the La Crosse School District, visit lacrosseschools.org.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest