LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse School district isn't giving up on healthy eating during summer vacation.
To help students get the nutrition that they need during the summer, the district is providing free breakfast and lunch for them.
The meals are part of school system's summer nutrition program. The district has been doing this for a while. Last year it served about 42,000 meals over the summer.
The district says the program is great for families, especially the ones that live outside of the district.
"This program is doesn't matter you're from West Salem, Holmen, Onalaska, Prairie Du Chien, you're in town visiting, any child under 18 we will serve," said La Crosse School District Nutrition Specialist Angela Seeger.
To see all the places meals are served in the La Crosse School District, visit lacrosseschools.org.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse