LA CROSSE, WI - One of La Crosse's charter schools is expanding.
Starting this fall, the La Crosse Design Institute will include sixth graders. It comes after the waiting list to get in the school continued to grow.
About 30 additional students will be able to attend the school, and the school added an art and photography studio.
The principal says it gives students who need something different than the traditional classroom a chance to succeed. "A student in a regular 6th grade classroom would be mostly teacher led, the teacher would be doing lecturing and projects with the students, where as in La Crosse Design Institute, students have the opportunity to design many of their own projects, with teacher help," said principal Penny Reedy.21477176
The district is also looking into starting its first charter high school next fall.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies