LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A group from six different continents was welcomed at UW-La Crosse Wednesday.
The group of international students was greeted on campus during the university's annual "Ice Scream Social".
The event included a performance by the Screaming Eagles Marching Band. The meet and greet was a chance for the students to get know everyone on campus.
"It's just an amazing university and every talks about it," said Morgan Jaclyn, an international student from Germany.
"To be honest definitely to test whether the college life is true in the movies or not. So that's definitely one, certainty to see the food, I don't know I've heard it's a little bit mixed reviews here, but so far so good," said Hou Tjen, an international student from Australia.
Last year UW-La Crosse was home to more than 350 international students from 37 countries.
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- Flight attendant charged in fake bomb threat signs plea deal
- Madison police recommend charges in fatal Highway 30 crash
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Officers fired upon in Milwaukee
- Minnesota cop expected to plead not guilty in man's death
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'