LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Art students in La Crosse got a special visitor in class Monday.
Chris Grun from DreamWorks Animation stopped by Central High School to talk about how he got started in the field of digital art and the educational and career opportunities available in that field.
Grun says when he was a high school student, he didn't get a lot of guidance about how to pursue a career in art and animation.
It's something he hopes he can provide by speaking to students now.
"I like coming back and kind of giving back to the community because who inspired me was just me inspiring myself, so I like to come back and just give what I can," said Grun.
He is originally from Minnesota and went to UW-Stout.
Some of the movies he's worked on include The Hunger Games, Snow White and the Huntsman, and Life of Pi.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently