LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's National Teacher Appreciation Day and members of our community spent Tuesday morning saying 'thank you' to educators in our area.
Volunteers from the La Crosse Public Education Foundation and other community members delivered breakfast and other gifts to teachers at every school in the La Crosse School District this morning.
Students also made posters showing their support.
Former Logan High School principal Scott Mihalovic now serves on the Foundation's board.
He says it's important to reach out to teachers and let them know they're appreciated.
"We're just so thankful of the people we have in the School District of La Crosse. The teachers we've hired in the school district are so passionate, so determined to make a difference and believe me, I've seen it."
This is the second year the La Crosse Public Education Foundation has celebrated 'Thank a Teacher' Day in La Crosse public schools.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato