LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local high school seniors interested in getting financial aid for college got some help Sunday.
UW-L was one of 29 schools statewide holding the College Goal Wisconsin event. The event connects college hopefuls with financial aid professionals. They help the students and their parents walk through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA application.
Financial aid professionals say sometimes the application can be confusing and families need guidance. "The financial aid professionals, we deal with this every day," says Christina Hayes from UW-L's financial aid department, "sometimes for families it can be confusing to figure out how to do the application exactly what those numbers mean but the financial aid professionals are here."
Between 50 and 100 students took part Sunday. That includes Cheyenne Bosworth, who is hoping to pursue a degree in Culinary Arts. Bosworth took advantage of College Goal Wisconsin because she doesn't have internet at home and had questions about the FAFSA application. "It's really good to try to understand what you're doing," says Bosworth, "and I think that coming here, they give you a lot of assistance and answer any of your questions so that you actually know what you're doing and actually know what you're signing up for."
If you weren't able to make the event but have questions about financial aid, you can call the financial aid office of the school you are interested in attending.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse