LA CROSSE, WI - The Central football program hasn't won consecutive Mississippi Valley Conference championships since winning titles in 1993 and 1994.
Coming off a conference championship in 2012, the Red Raiders have their sights set once again at the top spot in the MVC. But they all know it won't be easy.
"I think there's a lot of good teams in the conference," said Central head coach Tony Servais. "So I think there's several teams that could be fighting for that conference championship and I don't think we're necessarily the favorites. I think there's other teams that certainly should be in consideration for that top spot."21360234
With their backs against the wall, Logan won their last two regular season games in 2012 just to become playoff eligible.
It was a difference of making some kids believe in themselves and making a few key switches here and there," said Logan head coach Casey Knoble. "When everyone starts believing in themselves they don't feel like they can do anything wrong."
Once in the postseason, the Rangers knocked off Menomonie and Central before falling to Marshfield in Level 3.
Mitch Schreiner played a large role in Logan's late season success and returns as the team's starting quarterback for 2013. "You just go at it with the same attitude. You have to come in and work hard everyday and keep trying to do the same thing, keeping the guys working together."
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska