WESTBY, Wis. (WKBT) - An early morning 2-vehicle crash Wednesday leaves one Vernon County man seriously injured, authorities said.
Vernon County Sheriff John Spears said the incident happened at approximately 5 a.m. on June 14 at the intersection of Neprud Road, Tri-State Road, and Three Chimney Road.
Bryan D. Hagen, 37, of La Crosse was traveling southbound on Neprud Road and did not stop at the intersection of Tri-State Road. Hagen collided with Randy Lee Bakkestuen I, 60, of rural Westby, the release said.
Bakkestuen's car spun off the roadway, struck a pasture fence and a dairy cow before stopping in the pasture.
The release said Hagen's car also skidded through the pasture, over a creek and landed partially in the water.
Bakkestuen was extricated from his car by the Westby Fire Department and taken to Gundersen Health System by Tri-State Ambulance.
Hagen refused medical treatment at the scene, the release said.
According to the release, both drivers were wearing their seatbelts and some airbags deployed in each car.
The crash remains under investigation by the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire