VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - Police are investigating a single vehicle accident early Friday morning in the Town of Genoa, authorities said.
Two men were in the car just after 4 a.m. August 18 on Curti Road near State Highway 56, when they crashed into a large shed, the release said.
Ivan A. Baer, 33, of Genoa was northbound on Curti Road when his car left the road and struck a utility pole, then went through a fence and drove into a machine shed. The vehicle crashed through the sliding doors and damaged several pieces of machinery, according to the release.
The passenger in the car, Dmitry Baer, 24, of Genoa received minor injuries and was transported to Vernon Memorial Hospital by Tri-State Ambulance.
Seatbelts were not worn by either occupant and the airbags were deployed, according to police.
The crash remains under investigation by the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
- La Crosse County to be home to Country Boom music festival
- Flu season off to an early and aggressive start in Wisconsin
- Sport stacker makes helping kids with autism his mission
- Wisconsin creating elections security team, plan
- Democrat Vinehout to announce run for governor
- UW-Madison starts free tuition program for transfer students
- Oktoberfest Medallion found
- Downtown La Crosse to gain distillery, first of its kind
- Wisconsin credit union launches class action against Equifax
- Public weighs in on La Crosse Center renovation designs