MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin State Patrol aerial enforcement along US 12 in Sauk County resulted in 27 traffic stops Sunday, including one driver clocked at 108 mph.
Shortly after 12:30 p.m. July 9, an 18-year-old Illinois driver was ticketed after being clocked at 108 mph in the 55 mph speed zone, a release from Wisconsin DOT said. The driver explained he and his passenger were headed back to Chicago due to an unspecified family emergency and that he began to slow down when he realized he was traveling that fast.
The driver received a $515 citation for traveling 53 mph over the posted limit.
- Viola man killed in Vernon County motorcycle accident
- Soccer tournament draws thousands of athletes
- Madison police change deadly force procedures
- Guard who dragged teen across floor gets bonus restored
- La Crosse Mayor, Shelby Town Board Chair present boundary agreement
- Volunteer organizes fundraiser for Onalaska Police Department's K-9 unit
- Saints recover late to topple Packers 26-17
- Local entrepreneur brings new cooler to La Crosse
- Olympic trainer helps teach gymnastics coaches
- Volunteers carve 500 pumpkins