MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Delta Air Lines says a passenger on a Utah-bound flight began acting unruly, prompting officials to divert the plane to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
A Minneapolis Star Tribune report says Flight 1189 from Baltimore was bound for Salt Lake City on Friday night.
Delta spokesman Eric Torberson says the woman was bothering other passengers. The flight was diverted to the Twin Cities, where airport police removed her. Torberson says the flight continued to Salt Lake City.
Airport spokesman Patrick Hogan says the woman was intoxicated. She was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center for observation.
Hogan says because the incident occurred midflight, any possible charges would be filed federally following a referral to prosecutors by the FBI or Transportation Security Administration.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting