MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Delta Air Lines says a passenger on a Utah-bound flight began acting unruly, prompting officials to divert the plane to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
A Minneapolis Star Tribune report says Flight 1189 from Baltimore was bound for Salt Lake City on Friday night.
Delta spokesman Eric Torberson says the woman was bothering other passengers. The flight was diverted to the Twin Cities, where airport police removed her. Torberson says the flight continued to Salt Lake City.
Airport spokesman Patrick Hogan says the woman was intoxicated. She was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center for observation.
Hogan says because the incident occurred midflight, any possible charges would be filed federally following a referral to prosecutors by the FBI or Transportation Security Administration.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests