SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - The man accused of killing another man in a Tomah motel will spend the rest of his life behind bars.
A judge sentenced Zachary Davis to life in prison Thursday with no chance of extended supervision. A jury convicted Davis in the stabbing death of 43-year-old Derek Magnuson at a Tomah motel in March of last year.
Prosecutors say Davis and his significant other, Sebastian Martinez, killed Magnuson in a hotel room the three were sharing. They were eventually arrested in Tennessee.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building