SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - The man accused of killing another man in a Tomah motel will spend the rest of his life behind bars.
A judge sentenced Zachary Davis to life in prison Thursday with no chance of extended supervision. A jury convicted Davis in the stabbing death of 43-year-old Derek Magnuson at a Tomah motel in March of last year.
Prosecutors say Davis and his significant other, Sebastian Martinez, killed Magnuson in a hotel room the three were sharing. They were eventually arrested in Tennessee.
- Felony cases keep public defenders busy while defendants wait in jail
- Kwik Trip expansion plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- Tomah VA says progress made since 2014 overdose death
- Chronic wasting disease found in buck on Winona County farm
- 2 Minnesota lawmakers to resign amid misconduct allegations
- Numbers in on opening gun/deer weekend
- Attorney: Accused Minnesota state senator to resign