WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona County Grand Jury returned an indictment for Murder in the First Degree and Attempted Murder in the First Degree against Ricky Darnell Waiters, 49.
In addition to the above-charges, the Grand Jury also indicted Mr. Waiters for one count of Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional); one count of Attempted Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional), Murder in the Second Degree (Drive-By Shooting), Assault in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree, Drive-By Shooting, and Carry Weapon Without Permit.
If convicted of the Murder in the First Degree charge, Mr. Waiters faces life imprisonment.
Waiters alledgadly shot 53-year-old Robert Johnson and a 27-year-old at EB's Corner bar on West 5th Street around 1 A.M. on July 25th.
The 53-year-old suffered a shot to the torso area and was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Mr. Waiters' next court appearance is scheduled for November 21st.
- Fitzgerald unsure if there's support for hidden weapons
- University of Wisconsin, DNR and K-12 schools in spotlight
- Democrat Cullen won't run for governor
- Four arrested in La Crosse on drug charges
- Train derailment in Prairie du Chien late Wednesday
- Police investigate threat at Westby Middle School
- Local hospitals make donations in honor of their doctors
- Local nonprofit looking to improve La Crosse with the help of students
- Whitnall board tells parents about possible Holtz probe
- Man who triggered Amber Alert charged with assault