WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona County Grand Jury returned an indictment for Murder in the First Degree and Attempted Murder in the First Degree against Ricky Darnell Waiters, 49.
In addition to the above-charges, the Grand Jury also indicted Mr. Waiters for one count of Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional); one count of Attempted Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional), Murder in the Second Degree (Drive-By Shooting), Assault in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree, Drive-By Shooting, and Carry Weapon Without Permit.
If convicted of the Murder in the First Degree charge, Mr. Waiters faces life imprisonment.
Waiters alledgadly shot 53-year-old Robert Johnson and a 27-year-old at EB's Corner bar on West 5th Street around 1 A.M. on July 25th.
The 53-year-old suffered a shot to the torso area and was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Mr. Waiters' next court appearance is scheduled for November 21st.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners