WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona County Grand Jury returned an indictment for Murder in the First Degree and Attempted Murder in the First Degree against Ricky Darnell Waiters, 49.
In addition to the above-charges, the Grand Jury also indicted Mr. Waiters for one count of Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional); one count of Attempted Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional), Murder in the Second Degree (Drive-By Shooting), Assault in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree, Drive-By Shooting, and Carry Weapon Without Permit.
If convicted of the Murder in the First Degree charge, Mr. Waiters faces life imprisonment.
Waiters alledgadly shot 53-year-old Robert Johnson and a 27-year-old at EB's Corner bar on West 5th Street around 1 A.M. on July 25th.
The 53-year-old suffered a shot to the torso area and was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Mr. Waiters' next court appearance is scheduled for November 21st.
- Mayo Clinic Health System making switch to Epic medical record software
- La Crosse's Losey Boulevard speed limit reduced to 25
- Koenig, Thomas find NBA homes
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Walker to promote Wisconsin cheese in statewide tour
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Onalaska's Glynn takes home prestigious award
- 1 dead after shooting at Minnetonka storage facility