Two men were arrested Friday on suspicion of driving the same truck while impaired.
Adam M. Bolterman, 34, struck a pole at 3rd and Market streets in La Crosse around 6:24 p.m. Friday, according to police reports.
Andrew S. Bolterman, 32, then switched places with a 7-year-old passenger sitting in the center seat and drove the vehicle to 9th and Jackson streets where he stopped to check the damage.
When police arrived, the 7-year-old told an officer they were "going somewhere to get things that are 'no' for police," which he then clarified meant "dope".
Adam Bolterman was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated with a passenger under 16, hit-and-run property damage and a child safety restraint violation.
Andrew Bolterman was arrested on suspicion of third offense operating while intoxicated and outstanding warrants.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater
- Uncertainty reigns ahead of new health care sign-up period
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Packers QB Brett Hundley prepares for 1st NFL start
- Enchanted Forest returns to Myrick Park this weekend
- Lilmose kicks Hillsboro to postseason berth
- News 8 Sports Round Up - October 18, 2017