JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE: The trial for Michael O. Nelson, 27 of Altoona, ended in a hung jury Thursday night. The prosecution will reconvene next week to decide if they want to retry Nelson.
PREVIOUS: A shooting in Jackson County early Sunday morning left one man dead.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office dispatch received a 911 call at 1:21 a.m. Sunday morning from a man saying he had shot someone. It happened at N2675 Arrow Road in the Town of Knapp.
When deputies and EMS arrived at the scene in the Town of Knapp the gunshot victim, 55-year-old Randall H. Perry of Warrens, was declared dead.
The 911 caller, 27-year-old Michael O. Nelson from Altoona, told authorities he shot Perry. Nelson has been taken into custody and being held on the charge of 1st degree intentional homicide.
Authorities said Nelson was visiting Perry's residence.
The shooting is still under investigation by the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- Kwik Trip expansions plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- Assignment: Education - North Woods International Service Dog
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration transfer oversight of hospitals, Viterbo University
- Kindergartener bags buck under new hunting age law
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls this morning
- 2 Minnesota lawmakers to resign amid misconduct allegations
- Numbers in on opening gun/deer weekend
- Attorney: Accused Minnesota state senator to resign