TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A Tomah man is charged with shooting two men with a BB gun outside a bar last weekend.
John F. Amundson, 55, is charged with two counts of injury by negligent use of a dangerous weapon, three counts of recklessly endangering safety, criminal damage to property and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Tomah police said Amundson is accused of shooting one man in the back and another in the head outside Dimensions Bar around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
A third bullet struck the squad car of the officer who was investigating, authorities say.
One of the people shot was taken to the hospital by ambulance, another in a police squad car.
The suspect was not found during a search of the area, but evidence at the scene helped identify Amundson as the suspect. He was arrested Monday at his home.
Authorities said they found eight rifles, four pistols and ammunition in the suspect’s home, including .22-caliber ammunition that matched the bullet removed from one of the victims.
- House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill
- Suspect identified in quadruple Wisconsin shooting
- La Crosse Central student saves choking friend
- Walker calls for House vote on health care bill
- Walker, Scott place friendly bet on Wisconsin-Florida game
- Wisconsin lawmakers target lawmaking to lobbying path
- Muslim civil rights group calls on public to fight bigotry
- Mayo helps reunite boy battling cancer with lost teddy bear
- Man charged with leaving crash scene where friend died
- Police find 2 bodies in central Iowa home