TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A Tomah man is charged with shooting two men with a BB gun outside a bar last weekend.
John F. Amundson, 55, is charged with two counts of injury by negligent use of a dangerous weapon, three counts of recklessly endangering safety, criminal damage to property and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Tomah police said Amundson is accused of shooting one man in the back and another in the head outside Dimensions Bar around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
A third bullet struck the squad car of the officer who was investigating, authorities say.
One of the people shot was taken to the hospital by ambulance, another in a police squad car.
The suspect was not found during a search of the area, but evidence at the scene helped identify Amundson as the suspect. He was arrested Monday at his home.
Authorities said they found eight rifles, four pistols and ammunition in the suspect’s home, including .22-caliber ammunition that matched the bullet removed from one of the victims.
- Craft brewers fear last-minute regulations in budget
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event