TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A Tomah man is charged with shooting two men with a BB gun outside a bar last weekend.
John F. Amundson, 55, is charged with two counts of injury by negligent use of a dangerous weapon, three counts of recklessly endangering safety, criminal damage to property and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Tomah police said Amundson is accused of shooting one man in the back and another in the head outside Dimensions Bar around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
A third bullet struck the squad car of the officer who was investigating, authorities say.
One of the people shot was taken to the hospital by ambulance, another in a police squad car.
The suspect was not found during a search of the area, but evidence at the scene helped identify Amundson as the suspect. He was arrested Monday at his home.
Authorities said they found eight rifles, four pistols and ammunition in the suspect’s home, including .22-caliber ammunition that matched the bullet removed from one of the victims.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Mardi Gras ball raises money for schools, names new rex, queen