TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A Tomah man is charged with shooting two men with a BB gun outside a bar last weekend.
John F. Amundson, 55, is charged with two counts of injury by negligent use of a dangerous weapon, three counts of recklessly endangering safety, criminal damage to property and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Tomah police said Amundson is accused of shooting one man in the back and another in the head outside Dimensions Bar around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
A third bullet struck the squad car of the officer who was investigating, authorities say.
One of the people shot was taken to the hospital by ambulance, another in a police squad car.
The suspect was not found during a search of the area, but evidence at the scene helped identify Amundson as the suspect. He was arrested Monday at his home.
Authorities said they found eight rifles, four pistols and ammunition in the suspect’s home, including .22-caliber ammunition that matched the bullet removed from one of the victims.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands