LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE
Police took another person into custody at around 12:20 a.m. Thursday near where the shooting happened. South Avenue is open to traffic once again.
One person has been shot on the south side of La Crosse Wednesday evening, and police have 3 people in custody.
Sgt. Tom Walsh with La Crosse Police says they responded to reports of shots fired at a private residence in the area of South Ave. and 17th St. around 5:40 p.m.
Tri-State Ambulance says they transported one person with a gunshot wound to the hospital. Police say that person was shot in the leg. The person's injuries are non-life threatening.
Sgt. Walsh says the person who was shot is also believed to be a suspect.
Police are currently still negotiating with an additional suspect who is believed to be holed up in the residence at 17th and South Ave., near the A&W restaurant.
Police have blocked off the stretch of South Ave. from about Ward Ave. to West Ave. and some of the side streets in the area.
They are urging people to avoid the area as it is an active investigation. They don't believe the public is in danger at this time.
Stay with News 8 as we continue to follow this developing story.
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- 13 train cars derailed north of La Crescent Sunday
- Legislators to take comments on relaxing air pollution rules
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Democratic lawmakers tour Wisconsin juvenile prisons
- Wisconsin National Guard squadron welcomed home after landing in Volk Field
- Wisconsin school, district report cards issued for 2016-17
- Past SNL performers, staff sign statement supporting Franken
- Minn. turkeys seeking Thanksgiving pardon must strut stuff
- Community weighs in on improvement projects in La Crescent