LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Police have one person in custody, and still looking for another involved in the robbery of a Northside business.
The La Crosse Police have identified the suspects of the September 20th robbery of the Wisconsin Auto Title Loans as Damario Graham, 24, and Robert Cobb Jr., 34.
Graham is currently in custody in Rockford, IL awaiting extradition back to La Crosse on the charge of armed robbery.
Robert L. Cobb Jr. has been identified as the driver of the getaway vehicle, and La Crosse Police currently have a warrant out for his arrest for party to the crime of an armed robbery.
La Crosse Police investigators believe Graham entered the Title Loan store and displayed a black semi-automatic pistol, threw a plastic bag at one of the employees and demanded money. When the suspect found out there was not a safe in the business, he became angry and said, "I'm going to shoot someone!" The employee took what cash they did have, placed it in the bag and turned it over.
Graham then retreated to an awaiting Silver Dodge Caravan with WI plates 617-ZEH being driven by Cobb.
Investigators interviewed the owner of the vehicle, Amber Nolan, who said Cobb was driving the van that day. When Cobb returned with the van he told her that he and male named "Slick" had robbed the car loan place, but it didn't work out as planned, and that they were leaving for Rockford.
The La Crosse Police Department is asking for the community's help in locating Cobb.
Those with information are asked to contact Police at 608-785-5962 or La Crosse Area Crime Stoppers @ 608-784-TIPS. You also can text "LAXTIPS" and your tip to 274637 ("Crimes") or fill out their online Web Tip Form. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse