LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A mother and daughter from Onalaska charged with multiple counts of child neglect and animal mistreatment will be going to trial after being unable to reach a plea deal.
74-year-old Linda West and 37-year-old Carol Jean West were in court Monday morning for a plea hearing.
The two women are charged with 29 crimes each, including two counts of child neglect and six counts of mistreatment of animals causing death.
County deputies say they found nearly 60 animals living in unsanitary conditions with little food or water.
Carol West's 11- and 8-year-old children also lived in the home.
Both women are now scheduled to go to trial in late September.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam