LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A mother and daughter from Onalaska charged with multiple counts of child neglect and animal mistreatment will be going to trial after being unable to reach a plea deal.
74-year-old Linda West and 37-year-old Carol Jean West were in court Monday morning for a plea hearing.
The two women are charged with 29 crimes each, including two counts of child neglect and six counts of mistreatment of animals causing death.
County deputies say they found nearly 60 animals living in unsanitary conditions with little food or water.
Carol West's 11- and 8-year-old children also lived in the home.
Both women are now scheduled to go to trial in late September.
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- Assignment: Education - North Woods International Service Dog
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration transfer oversight of hospitals, Viterbo University
- Kindergartener bags buck under new hunting age law
- Boys and Girls Club kids and families get early Thanksgiving meal
- Hamilton Elementary students eat their way through the alphabet with the ABC Feast
- 2 Minnesota lawmakers to resign amid misconduct allegations
- Numbers in on opening gun/deer weekend
- Attorney: Accused Minnesota state senator to resign
- Soph standouts on D mark strength for Minnesota's future