LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A northside La Crosse man was charged Monday with a hate crime.
Police said the man has been harassing a neighbor with racial slurs, pounding on walls and doors and yelling obscenities for the last month, according to the complaint, filed in La Crosse County Circuit Court.
According to authorities, Leslie Beach, 47, swore at officers and used racial slurs before calling 911 to complain that police were at his door. He continued to use profanity toward police during his arrest and on the way to the La Crosse County Jail.
Prosecutors charged Beach with disorderly conduct as a hate crime, a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Trial delayed for Iowa man charged in woman's cannon death
- Minnesota lawmakers enter final day to wrap up budget
- Barron County puts initial tornado damage estimate at $10M
- Draft horses get back to work in Wisconsin farms, forests