LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A northside La Crosse man was charged Monday with a hate crime.
Police said the man has been harassing a neighbor with racial slurs, pounding on walls and doors and yelling obscenities for the last month, according to the complaint, filed in La Crosse County Circuit Court.
According to authorities, Leslie Beach, 47, swore at officers and used racial slurs before calling 911 to complain that police were at his door. He continued to use profanity toward police during his arrest and on the way to the La Crosse County Jail.
Prosecutors charged Beach with disorderly conduct as a hate crime, a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.
- Mayo Clinic Health System making switch to Epic medical record software
- La Crosse's Losey Boulevard speed limit reduced to 25
- Koenig, Thomas find NBA homes
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Walker to promote Wisconsin cheese in statewide tour
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Onalaska's Glynn takes home prestigious award
- 1 dead after shooting at Minnetonka storage facility