LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A northside La Crosse man was charged Monday with a hate crime.
Police said the man has been harassing a neighbor with racial slurs, pounding on walls and doors and yelling obscenities for the last month, according to the complaint, filed in La Crosse County Circuit Court.
According to authorities, Leslie Beach, 47, swore at officers and used racial slurs before calling 911 to complain that police were at his door. He continued to use profanity toward police during his arrest and on the way to the La Crosse County Jail.
Prosecutors charged Beach with disorderly conduct as a hate crime, a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather