LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is being charged with extorting another man for $50,000 to keep photos of him in women's underwear a secret.
Randal Besl, 49, was arrested November 9th after police witnessed him receiving $4,000 from the victim in the K-Mart parking lot.
Besl also told the man he had pictures of the victim doing drugs and performing sexual acts with underage girls.
Besl told police he did not know that what he was doing was illegal.
At the time of the arrest the victim had given Besl $20,000 to keep the photos a secret.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse