LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is being charged with extorting another man for $50,000 to keep photos of him in women's underwear a secret.
Randal Besl, 49, was arrested November 9th after police witnessed him receiving $4,000 from the victim in the K-Mart parking lot.
Besl also told the man he had pictures of the victim doing drugs and performing sexual acts with underage girls.
Besl told police he did not know that what he was doing was illegal.
At the time of the arrest the victim had given Besl $20,000 to keep the photos a secret.
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Trial delayed for Iowa man charged in woman's cannon death
- Minnesota lawmakers enter final day to wrap up budget
- Barron County puts initial tornado damage estimate at $10M
- Draft horses get back to work in Wisconsin farms, forests