LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is charged with possession of child pornography, authorities say.
Aerial Aponte, 36, of La Crosse, is charged with possession of child pornography after a joint investigation by the La Crosse Police Department and the FBI. Authorities became aware of suspicious downloads occurring over a peer-to-peer network with files containing child pornography being shared.
Authorities have confiscated electronic items from the man's home and a complete analysis will be conducted by the FBI. Multiple weapons, including an AR15 rifle and several handguns, were also removed from the home. One loaded handgun was located on top of the refrigerator.
- Wisconsin lawmaker's daughter charged in opioid death
- La Crosse County may turn to other counties to house inmates
- Aaron Rodgers says collarbone surgery went well
- Granny basketball offers on-court fun, friendship
- Iowa parents charged in death of malnourished toddler
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- 125 years in prison for trucker who assaulted children
- DNR board to consider ATV, motorcycle trails in state forest
- 'My Neighbor is a Muslim' series aims to increase understanding of religion