CENTERVILLE, Wis. (WKBT) - The man acquitted in a fatal stabbing in La Crosse three years ago is arrested on drug charges for the second time this year.
According to the Trempealeau County Sheriff, 28-year-old Mitrel Anderson and 21-year-old Brittany Heath were arrested late Thursday night in Trempealeau County as part of an undercover drug investigation.
Investigators found 84 grams of meth and a loaded gun in the car with Anderson and Heath at the time of the arrest. The case remains under investigation and more arrests may be coming in the case.
Anderson was previously charged with the felony of manufacturing or delivering heroin in La Crosse County in March, but was released from jail on a $2000 cash bond.
He still faces more than 20 years in prison for that case, which has yet to go to trial.
Anderson was acquitted in 2014 in the stabbing death of DeMario Lee in La Crosse.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse