LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse woman is headed to trial, charged with selling heroin to a man who later died.
37-year-old Takeyhia Potts is charged with First Degree Reckless Homicide after police say she sold heroin that was mixed with Fentanyl to 26-year-old Casey Eggen.
Eggen was found unresponsive on a mattress in his basement with injection marks on his arm.
During Potts' preliminary hearing Friday, investigators shared text messages between Potts and Eggen, and a phone call with another person telling her Eggen had died.
Potts is being held on a $20,000 cash bond.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire