LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Coulee Region Children's Internet Protection Task Force announced Thursday the arrest of two alleged child sex predators.
Following an undercover investigation, the two men were arrested Wednesday for sex crimes and attempted sexual assault of a child, a press released said.
According to the La Crosse County Sheriff's department, Michael Connelly, 55, of Onalaska and Robert Mattingly, 42, of La Crosse were arrested for the use of a computer to facilitate a child sex crime and attempted sexual assault of a child.
Coulee Region Children's Internet Protection Task Force, as a participant of Operation New Hope, which was a weeklong operation focused on child exploitation and online crimes in Wisconsin, conducted the investigation on May 31.
Both men will appear in court today.
Holmen, La Crosse, Onalaska and Shelby police assisted in the operation.
- Wisconsin lawmaker's daughter charged in opioid death
- La Crosse County may turn to other counties to house inmates
- Aaron Rodgers says collarbone surgery went well
- Granny basketball offers on-court fun, friendship
- Iowa parents charged in death of malnourished toddler
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- 125 years in prison for trucker who assaulted children
- DNR board to consider ATV, motorcycle trails in state forest
- 'My Neighbor is a Muslim' series aims to increase understanding of religion