LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is facing his 8th OWI charge after being arrested on the north side Sunday afternoon.
A criminal complaint filed Monday says 59-year-old Edward Brickl appeared to be drunk while at the Kwik Trip on Lang Drive before a witness followed him and called police.
He was later pulled over and arrested with a BAC more than twice the legal limit.
Brickl has seven other OWI charges on his record dating back to 1995 with the last offense coming in 2006.
He's also facing charges for driving with a revoked license.
Brickl is being held in jail on a $10,000 cash bond and faces up to 10 years in prison.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record