LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man who repeatedly sexually assaulted a minor and used religion to brainwash her was sentenced Tuesday.
Jonathan Hart, 47, was sentenced to 6 years in prison and 4 years extended supervision.
According to the criminal complaint, Hart told the girl they were meant to be together in God's eyes.
The minor told police he proposed to her and told her they were married and used the Bible to get his way.
The girl had a room and bed at his house and told police they had intercourse numerous times over a period of a year.
A Pastor reported the abuse after the girl disclosed the information to him in June 2015.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore