LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man who repeatedly sexually assaulted a minor and used religion to brainwash her was sentenced Tuesday.
Jonathan Hart, 47, was sentenced to 6 years in prison and 4 years extended supervision.
According to the criminal complaint, Hart told the girl they were meant to be together in God's eyes.
The minor told police he proposed to her and told her they were married and used the Bible to get his way.
The girl had a room and bed at his house and told police they had intercourse numerous times over a period of a year.
A Pastor reported the abuse after the girl disclosed the information to him in June 2015.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse