HOKAH, Minn (WKBT) - UPDATE: Traffic now open on Highway 44 after officer involved shooting near Hokah.
PREVIOUS:The Houston County Sheriff's Office said there was an officer involved shooting early Monday near Hokah, Minnesota.
Two suspects are in custody and there is no threat to the public, police said, and no officers were injured.
An investigation is underway by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, according to authorities.
Highway 44 is closed at Hokah and County Road 20 and it is expected to stay closed for most of the day while the BCA processes the area.
- Onalaska school board votes to recall member Jake Speed
- Onalaska students ship thousands of books, supplies to Texas school
- La Crosse City Council member proposes changing alcohol sale hours
- Check presented to La Crosse SOUP's fall winner
- I-90 Exit 3 project nearing completion
- Steve Toft announces candidacy for Congress, stops in La Crosse
- Holmen boys soccer enjoying special season
- La Crosse Mayor makes proclamation, declares Tuesday World Polio Day in city
- Houston County nonprofit hosts event to raise awareness about domestic violence
- Muslim model encourages others to blaze their own path