EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Eau Claire Police Department added a Detective to the Chippewa Valley Regional Computer Forensic Laboratory (CVRCFL) to help with investigations involving adults who prey on children.
Over the past several months, the Eau Claire Police Department arrested four men after investigations by the detectives in the CVRCFL. Jarad J. Bischoff, 34, Pierre A. Amyotte, 34, Duane A. Schoonover, 44, and Tracy D. Conry, 48, were charged with child enticement, using a computer to facilitate a sex crime and attempted first degree sexual assault of a child. All of the men believed they were communicating with a child and were meeting for the purpose of a sexual encounter.
The CVRCFL is a collaboration of Detectives from the Eau Claire Police Department, Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office and the Altoona Police Department. They extract, examine and preserve computer, cell phone and other digital evidence for a wide range of crimes committed in the Chippewa Valley. They also conduct proactive investigations as they relate to Internet Crimes Against Children by identifying and arresting child sexual predators in the Chippewa Valley.
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- 13 train cars derailed north of La Crescent Sunday
- Legislators to take comments on relaxing air pollution rules
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Wisconsin National Guard squadron welcomed home after landing in Volk Field
- Grant allows school reading program to continue, expand
- Past SNL performers, staff sign statement supporting Franken
- Minn. turkeys seeking Thanksgiving pardon must strut stuff
- Community weighs in on improvement projects in La Crescent
- Winona County, conservation groups celebrate decision to uphold frac sand ban