LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police arrested four people Tuesday night at a home in the south side of La Crosse on multiple drug charges.
Investigators and members of the Emergency Response Team raided the home at 1501 9th Street South around at 10:20 p.m. Police had information that heroin was being sold from the home, according to the release.
When officers arrived, two suspects ran while another jumped from a second story window. Police caught two of the three, and three others were taken into custody inside the home.
Several suspects resisted arrest and injured an officer. He was treated and released.
Police said that Devin A. Lewis, 31, of Milwaukee, Aric A. Elmore, 42, of La Crosse, Montel D. Ivory, 34, of Milwaukee, and Sarita L. Peterson, 26, of Viola, were arrested.
Police found crack cocaine, heroin, the synthetic drug K2, two loaded firearms, and more than $6,000 in cash. They also found a security camera system set up to protect the drug operation, the release said.
- Felony cases keep public defenders busy while defendants wait in jail
- Kwik Trip expansion plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- Tomah VA says progress made since 2014 overdose death
- Chronic wasting disease found in buck on Winona County farm
- 2 Minnesota lawmakers to resign amid misconduct allegations
- Numbers in on opening gun/deer weekend
- Attorney: Accused Minnesota state senator to resign