HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Five La Crosse area men are facing charges as the result of several investigations involving the online exploitation of children.
The Coulee Region Children's Internet Protection Task Force says since May 8th, they have investigated and/or assisted in different investigations that have resulted in the arrests of 5 people.
The arrests include a 19-year-old La Crosse man, a 19-year-old Town of Campbell man, a 22-year-old Onalaska man, a 35-year-old rural Holmen man, and a 33-year-old Town of Campbell man.
Authorities are not releasing the identities of the men at this point.
Some of the investigations involved the FBI and the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigations.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently