MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - The Wisconsin Department of Justice announced Wednesday the arrest of 16 alleged child sex predators and child sex traffickers.
The arrests were part of Operation New Hope, a week-long operation focused on child exploitation and online crimes in Wisconsin.
Law enforcement made arrests in the following counties: Brown, Clark, Columbia, Dane, Eau Claire, Marquette, Outagamie, Rock, Shawano, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, and Winnebago.
Five of the men arrested were registered sex offenders or had previously been arrested for internet crimes against children.
Charges for those arrested include: possession of child pornography, exposing a child to harmful material, child enticement, use of a computer to facilitate a child sex crime, attempted sexual lof a child, causing a child to view sexual activity, and trafficking of a child.
- La Crosse Mayor, Shelby Town Board Chair present boundary agreement
- La Crosse realtors fight to preserve former Maid-Rite building
- Juvenile prison employees described chaotic environment
- Wisconsin lawmaker's daughter charged in opioid death
- Trempealeau DA responds to letter sent to Walker
- FBI human trafficking sting saves 2 Wisconsin children
- DNR board to consider ATV, motorcycle trails in state forest
- 125 years in prison for trucker who assaulted children
- Aaron Rodgers says collarbone surgery went well
- Iowa parents charged in death of malnourished toddler