A smoke alarm at Trane Company in La Crosse brings the fire department and the Haz Mat unit to the scene.
Early Friday evening crews responded to a smoke alarm in the building.
Upon entering, an overheated heating unit was discovered with lines feeding coolant into the unit rupturing and spilling an unknown fluid onto the floor.9214350
The Haz Mat unit investigated and found the substance was no serious environmental or health danger.
Machinery was shut down and the spill was contained within the building.
No one was hurt.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing