WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - Construction on the new West Salem Boys and Girls Club is underway.
Voters approved the project in a referendum in November. The project will move the Boys and Girls Club into West Salem Middle School, and the middle school will also be getting a new addition.
Troy Gunderson, Superintendent for the West Salem School District, said it's exciting to see everything starting to come together.
"What we came up with is such a great plan, and so the community is really engaged in it. They want to see it happen. They got off on the right foot and we think we're going to have quite a bit of progress before school starts," Gunderson said.
The middle school will be used as soon as March and April for school projects.
The Boys and Girls Club is expected to be ready for full use in the fall of 2018.
- Onalaska school board votes to recall member Jake Speed
- Onalaska students ship thousands of books, supplies to Texas school
- La Crosse City Council member proposes changing alcohol sale hours
- Check presented to La Crosse SOUP's fall winner
- I-90 Exit 3 project nearing completion
- Steve Toft announces candidacy for Congress, stops in La Crosse
- Holmen boys soccer enjoying special season
- La Crosse Mayor makes proclamation, declares Tuesday World Polio Day in city
- Houston County nonprofit hosts event to raise awareness about domestic violence
- Muslim model encourages others to blaze their own path