"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- Trump slams globalism in economic speech
- Poll: Americans favor Clinton over Trump on handling terrorism
- Trump aide tweets pic accusing Clinton of murder
- Benghazi panel caps 2-year probe: No bombshell, faults administration
- Brown on Warren's heritage: 'She can take a DNA test'
- President Obama tries to name every dead 'GOT' character
National News From CNN
- 5,300 U.S. water systems are in violation of lead rules
- Police logs capture horror of Orlando attack
- West Virginia floods devastate 1,200 homes, many lives
- Brexit: EU leaders to meet over UK withdrawal
- Pat Summitt, legendary women's basketball coach, dead at 64
- Former IU student reaches plea deal in rape case