"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- Arizona Democrats sense momentum in final weeks of campaign
- Trump to make 'closing argument,' lay out plan for first 100 days
- The Clinton Foundation's gender pay gap worried campaign
- Schilling asks Tapper: Why do Jews vote Democrat?
- US elections: Russian request to monitor vote gets a 'nyet'
- Dolan: Trump, Clinton prayed together before Al Smith Dinner
National News From CNN
- One game? NFL kicker Josh Brown's ban draws renewed rage
- Minneapolis police clear officers in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark
- Source: ISIS executes hundreds of Mosul area residents
- Teen loses leg after teacher 'body slam,' lawyer says
- London City Airport evacuated after 'chemical incident'
- Philippines not really severing ties with US, Duterte says